Listen, Learn, Lead
- Practical Bible teaching through books of the Bible and relevant topics
- Training in hermeneutics and in teaching Scripture
- A smaller class size, allowing for intimate teaching and discussion-based classes
- Opportunities to lead first-year students in outreach events
- Close discipleship relationships with staff members
What is the 2nd Year Program?
The 2nd Year Program provides service opportunities to students who have completed one year at a Torchbearers Bible School. Offered as an extension and application of the first year of study, this program is committed to guiding students to the Lord’s sufficiency in every area of the Christian life. From personal devotional life to living in community to principles of ministry and work, the students are challenged to take initiative not only in knowing the Word of Life but also in Living the Life of the Word.
The classroom format for the 2nd Year Program will involve lectures from resident teachers, visiting lecturers, local pastors, special guests, and ministry workers. The Curriculum includes various assignments and ministry requirements. Students assist the Ravencrest Staff to make the first-year program as meaningful as possible. Although fewer hours are spent in the classroom, the study environment is more challenging since more extensive personal research and preparation are required.
2nd Year Goals
- To gain a greater understanding of God’s Word
- To learn to treasure Christ supremely in life and practice
- To grow spiritually by means of grace and spiritual disciplines
- To understand and practice servant leadership
Possible topics covered during the 2nd Year Program:
- Understanding & Teaching Scripture (Year Long Course)
- Leadership in the Bible
- Leadership in Church History
- Human Development and Ministry Implications
- Discipline & Change
- Team Dynamics
- Biblical Counseling
Fall Term September 2 to December 10, 2022.
- Registration: 09/02/22 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m
- Thanksgiving Break: 11/23/22 (break begins on 11/24/22 but students may leave as early as 9 p.m. on 11/22/22 – students are not required to vacate campus during this break)
- Return: 11/27/22 by 11:00 p.m.
- Christmas break: 12/10/22 (break begins on 12/10/22 but students may leave as early as 9 p.m. on 12/09/22 – students are required to vacate campus during this break
Winter Term January 4 – March 09, 2023.
- Registration: 01/04/23 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Spring Break: 03/09/23 (break begins on 03/09/23 but students may leave as early as 9 p.m. on 03/08/23 – students are required to vacate campus during this break). Mission Trips are offered during Spring Break.
Spring Term March 21 – May 14, 2023.
- Registration: 03/20/23 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Graduation Ceremony: 05/13/23 10:00 a.m. Students may leave after the ceremony but are not required to leave campus until the morning of 5/14/23.
2nd Year Program Fees 21-22$$11,350 one year
- $10,375 Tuition/Room & Board
$775 Registration Deposit that includes:
- As you consider applying, please know that should COVID-19 have any impact on your plans to attend Ravencrest or our ability to run the program, we will be more than happy to refund your Registration Deposit.
- $100 Student Activities
- $275 Books
- $200 Accident/Medical Insurance
- $200 Security Deposit