Listen, Learn, Lead
- Practical Bible teaching through books of the Bible and relevant topics
- A smaller class size allowing a more intimate setting with staff and Bible teachers
- Time each week working alongside staff where one-on-one mentoring and discipleship can take place
- Opportunities to lead first year students (resident assistant responsibilities, planning student events, leading outreaches, etc.)
What is LTC?
The Leadership Training Course(LTC) provides service opportunities to a limited number of students who have completed one year at a Torchbearers Bible School. Offered as an extension and application of the first year of study, the LTC is committed to establishing practical leadership principles in every area of the Christian life. From personal devotional life to living in community to principles of ministry and work, the students are challenged to take initiative not only in knowing the Word of Life but also in Living the Life of the Word.
The classroom format for LTC will involve lectures from resident teachers, visiting lecturers, local pastors, special guests and ministry workers, video and audio presentations. The Curriculum includes various assignments and ministry requirements. LTC students assist the Ravencrest Staff to make the first-year program as meaningful as possible. Although fewer hours are spent in the classroom, the study environment is more challenging since more extensive personal research and preparation are required.
LTC Course Goals
- To gain a greater understanding of God’s Word
- To learn to treasure Christ supremely in life and practice
- To grow spiritually by means of grace and spiritual disciplines
- To understand and practice servant leadership
Topics covered during LTC include:
- Principles and Application of Teaching the Bible
- Doctrinal Issues
- Leaders in Church History
- Exegesis of New Testament Epistles
- Old Testament Book Studies
- Progress of Redemption
- Communication for Ministry
- Human Development and Ministry Implications
Fall Term September 6 to December 12, 2019.
- Registration: Friday, September 6 between 1:00 and 5:30 pm
- Thanksgiving Break: Begins Tuesday, November 26 at 9:00 pm (students are not required to vacate campus) and must return by 11:00 pm Sunday, December 1.
- Christmas break: Thursday, December 12 at 9:00 pm (students are required to vacate campus).
Winter Term January 6 – March 11, 2020.
- Registration: Monday, January 6 between 1:00 and 5:30 pm.
- Mid-term Break: Begins Wednesday, February 5 at 12:35 pm (students are not required to vacate campus) and must return by 11:00 pm Sunday, February 9.
- Spring Break: Wednesday, March 11 at 9:00 pm (break begins on March 12 but students are allowed to leave as early as 9 pm on 03/11/20 – students are required to vacate campus during this break). Missions Trips are offered during Spring Break.
Spring Term March 23 – May 16, 2020.
- Registration: Monday, March 23 between 1:00 and 5:30 pm.
- Graduation Ceremony: Saturday, May 16 at 10:00 am (students may leave after the ceremony).
- Final Departure: Sunday, May 17, 2020.
LTC Fees 19-20$$11,150 one year
- $10,375 Tuition/Room & Board
- $775 Registration Deposit that includes:
- $100 Student Activities
- $275 Books
- $200 Accident/Medical Insurance
- $200 Security Deposit