Listen, Learn, Lead
- Practical Bible teaching through books of the Bible and relevant topics
- A smaller class size allowing a more intimate setting with staff and Bible teachers
- Time each week working alongside staff where one-on-one mentoring and discipleship can take place
- Opportunities to lead first year students (resident assistant responsibilities, planning student events, leading outreaches, etc.)
What is LTC?
The Leadership Training Course(LTC) provides service opportunities to a limited number of students who have completed one year at a Torchbearers Bible School. Offered as an extension and application of the first year of study, the LTC is committed to establishing practical leadership principles in every area of the Christian life. From personal devotional life to living in community to principles of ministry and work, the students are challenged to take initiative not only in knowing the Word of Life but also in Living the Life of the Word.
The classroom format for LTC will involve lectures from resident teachers, visiting lecturers, local pastors, special guests and ministry workers, video and audio presentations. The Curriculum includes various assignments and ministry requirements. LTC students assist the Ravencrest Staff to make the first-year program as meaningful as possible. Although fewer hours are spent in the classroom, the study environment is more challenging since more extensive personal research and preparation are required.
LTC Course Goals
- To gain a greater understanding of God’s Word
- To learn to treasure Christ supremely in life and practice
- To grow spiritually by means of grace and spiritual disciplines
- To understand and practice servant leadership
Topics covered during LTC include:
- Principles and Application of Teaching the Bible
- Doctrinal Issues
- Leaders in Church History
- Exegesis of New Testament Epistles
- Old Testament Book Studies
- Progress of Redemption
- Communication for Ministry
- Human Development and Ministry Implications
Spring Term March 22 – May 15, 2021.
- Registration: 03/22/21 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Graduation Ceremony: 05/15/21 10:00 a.m. Students may leave after the ceremony but are not required to leave campus until the morning of 5/16/21.
Fall Term September 3 to December 11, 2021.
- Registration: 09/03/21 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m
- Thanksgiving Break: 11/24/21 (break begins on 11/24/21 but students may to leave as early as 9 p.m. on 11/23/21 – students are not required to vacate campus during this break)
- Return: 11/28/21 by 11:00 p.m.
- Christmas break: 12/11/21 (break begins on 12/11/21 but students may to leave as early as 9 p.m. on 12/10/21 – students are required to vacate campus during this break
Winter Term January 5 – March 10, 2022.
- Registration: 01/05/22 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Spring Break: 03/10/22 (break begins on 03/10/22 but students may leave as early as 9 p.m. on 03/09/22 – students are required to vacate campus during this break). Mission Trips are offered during Spring Break.
Spring Term March 21 – May 14, 2021.
- Registration: 03/21/22 between 1:00 and 5:30 p.m.
- Graduation Ceremony: 05/14/22 10:00 a.m. Students may leave after the ceremony but are not required to leave campus until the morning of 5/15/22.
LTC Fees 21-22$$11,350 one year
- $10,375 Tuition/Room & Board
$775 Registration Deposit that includes:
- As you consider applying, please know that should COVID-19 have any impact on your plans to attend Ravencrest or our ability to run the program, we will be more than happy to refund your Registration Deposit.
- $100 Student Activities
- $275 Books
- $200 Accident/Medical Insurance
- $200 Security Deposit