What we Believe
- God is the Triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God and co-equal with the Father; all things are created by Him and for Him.
- Through the action of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He became man and was without sin.
- Christ died willingly in the place of sinners and rose bodily from the dead to redeem this fallen world and through His atoning blood became the only Mediator between God and man. By accepting His salvation through faith, man is justified from his sins and receives forgiveness and eternal life.
- The Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead, appeared to His disciples and returned to the Father. Now, in the Person of the Holy Spirit, He dwells in the lives of those who receive Him (His Church). Jesus Christ now dwells in the lives of those who receive Him through the Person of the Holy Spirit; Christ will return to deliver just judgment and to bring all things to completion.
- The Holy Spirit is a co-equal with God the Father and the Son; through Him a person is regenerated and transformed into the likeness of Christ.
- The Bible in its entirety is the revelation of God for mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
The Main Thrust
TRUTH is as timeless as GOD HIMSELF – it NEVER CHANGES! It may be forgotten, neglected, perverted, opposed, rejected, counterfeited or displaced, but it NEVER CHANGES! It is not an emphasis, a concept, a “party-line,” nor merely on option. It is an IMPERATIVE!
God created man in such a way that the presence of God as Creator within a man as creature, is imperative to his humanity. Man in NORMALITY is to be distinguished from the animal kingdom by a quality of life and behavior, that can have no possible explanation apart from God Himself in the man.
This fact is TRUTH! It is not subject to debate nor dialogue–it is not an option to be offered – it is a FACT to be proclaimed! Truth does not evolve over the years, any more than God evolves or Christ evolved. In assuming our humanity, the Lord Jesus Christ as CREATOR chose to play the role of creature.
As the God Who made man, He chose to be the kind of man that He, as God, had made. In declaring that He as Man without the Father could do NOTHING, Christ demonstrated the TRUTH that has always been TRUE– that we as men can do NOTHING without HIM; that the Father as God, then, was as indispensable to Christ as Man, as Christ as God now, is indispensable to us as men!
To recognize this and to practice the principle is the nature of TRUE REPENTANCE, and without true repentance there can be no TRUE FAITH. True repentance compels us to be totally dependent on Christ, as He was totally dependent upon the Father. Christ now can do the work in us as the Father then did the work in Him, and so we may let all God loose in the world–not then, “just the sky” but God Himself is the limit!
This gives an entirely new dimension to our understanding of the Gospel and the remedial measures it proclaims; not only that in the REDEMPTIVE ACT Christ died for us, but that in the REGENERATIVE PURPOSE of God, Christ rose again from the dead to live HIS LIFE in us. Thus by apostolic proclamation: “If Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain . . . ye are yet in your sins!” (1 Corinthians 15:14-17). The RESURRECTION through which we are BORN AGAIN is at the very heart of the Gospel. (1 Peter 1:3).
Any departure from this truth is a CORRUPTION OF THE MIND and has its origin in the subtlety of Satan. (2 Corinthians 11:2-3). It is a departure from the “simplicity which is in Christ” and constitutes “neo-evangelical humanism.” (Rev. 2:4-5).
NEW BIRTH is a divine conception! A man takes a woman to wife so that his life, imparted to her may be reproduced in and through her. We too, have been espoused to “One Husband,” Christ, “Married to Another, even to Him Who is risen from the dead,” (Romans 7:4), so that His life imparted to us by the Holy Spirit at new birth may be reproduced in and through us, “to raise up the foundations of many generations” (Isaiah 58:12)–fruit that abides to His eternal praise, and not only to abide, but to reproduce!
The Lord Jesus Christ established the fact that our spiritual union with Him, as He was in spiritual union with the Father, is the true and ultimate basis of all evangelism, missions and Church planting. “The world will KNOW and the world will BELIEVE.” said the Lord Jesus, “that the Father has sent Me, when they are in Us as I am in Thee, Father, and I am in them as Thou art in Me!” John (17:21-23).
That is the TRUTH that sets men FREE!